See all-terrain vehicle.
Doubledou•ble (dub′əl),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -bled, -bling, adv.
- twice as large, heavy, strong, etc.;
twofold in size, amount, number, extent, etc.: a double portion; a new house double the size of the old one.
- composed of two like parts or members;
twofold in form;
paired: double doors; a double sink.
- of, pertaining to, or suitable for two persons: a double room.
- twofold in character, meaning, or conduct;
dual or ambiguous: a double interpretation.
- (of musical instruments) producing a tone an octave lower than the notes indicate.
- duple, as time or rhythm.
- folded in two;
having one half folded over the other.
- (of a bed or bedclothes) full-size: a double blanket.
- [Bot.](of flowers) having many more than the normal number of petals: double petunias; double hollyhocks.
- anything that is twofold in size or amount or twice the usual size, quantity, strength, etc.
- a duplicate or counterpart;
something exactly or closely resembling another: This dress is the double of that. He is the double of his cousin.
- Also called double room. a type of hotel accommodation with two beds, or sometimes a double bed, for occupancy by two persons. Cf. twin (def. 4).
- a fold or plait.
- an alcoholic drink containing twice the usual amount of alcohol.
- a sudden backward turn or bend, as of a fox on the run in fox hunting;
- a trick or artifice, as of argument in a formal debate.
- a substitute actor or singer ready to take another's place;
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a substitute who performs feats or actions too hazardous or difficult for a star.
- [Baseball.]See two-base hit.
- [Mil.]double time.
- doubles, (used with a sing. v.) a game or match in which there are two players on each side, as in tennis.
- (in bridge or other card games)
- a challenge by an opponent that the declarer cannot fulfill the designated contract, increasing the points to be won or lost.
- a hand that warrants such a challenge.
- [Bridge.]a conventional bid informing one's partner that a player's hand is of a certain strength.
- [Bowling.]two strikes in succession: He needed a double in the tenth frame to win.
- See daily double.
- any of certain feasts in the Roman Catholic Church, marked by a doubled antiphon and taking precedence over lesser feasts.
- [Music. Rare.]a variation.
- a former coin of France, the sixth part of a sol, issued in silver in the 14th century, later made of copper.
- at the double, [Brit. Informal.]on the double.
- on the double, [Informal.]
- without delay;
rapidly: The fire engines came on the double.
- in double time, as marching troops.
- to make double or twice as great;
to add an equal amount to: The baby doubled its weight in a year.
- to bend or fold with or as with one part over another (often fol. by over, up, back, etc.): Double the edge over before sewing.
- to clench: He doubled his fists.
- to be or have twice as much as: Income doubled expenditure.
- to sail around (a projecting area of land): to double Cape Horn.
- to add a new layer of planking or ceiling to (an old wooden hull).
- to pair;
couple: The players were doubled for the tournament.
- [Music.]to reduplicate by means of a tone in another part, either at the unison or at an octave above or below.
- (in bridge and other card games)
- to challenge (the bid of an opponent) by making a call that increases the value of tricks to be won or lost.
- to challenge the bid of (an opponent): He doubled me into game.
- to cause the advance of (a base runner) by a two-base hit: He doubled him to third.
- to cause (a run) to be scored by a two-base hit (often fol. by in): He doubled in the winning run.
- to put out (a base runner) as the second out of a double play (often fol. by up).
- to become double: My money doubled in three years.
- to bend or fold (often fol. by up or over): to double over with pain.
- to turn back on a course or reverse direction (often fol. by back): He doubled back by another road and surprised us.
- [Mil.]to march at the double-time pace.
- to serve in two capacities or in an additional capacity: She doubles as producer and director.
- to act as a double in a play, motion picture, or the like.
- [Music.]to play an instrument besides one's regular instrument (usually followed by on): The saxophonist doubles on drums.
- (in bridge and other card games) to double the bid of an opponent.
- [Baseball.]to make a two-base hit.
- to double-date.
- double in brass, [Informal.]to serve in two capacities;
be able to do work different from one's own: It is a small firm, and everyone doubles in brass when emergencies arise.
- double or nothing, a bet having as its outcome either the doubling of a previous loss or debt or the canceling of that loss or debt. Also, double or quits.
- double up:
- to share quarters planned for only one person or family: Because of the room shortage, we had to double up.
- to bend over, as from pain: He doubled up in agony.
- to twice the amount, number, extent, etc.;
- two together: There are only a few beds, so some of the children will have to sleep double for the night.
Gungun1 (gun),USA pronunciation n., v., gunned, gun•ning.
- a weapon consisting of a metal tube, with mechanical attachments, from which projectiles are shot by the force of an explosive;
a piece of ordnance.
- any portable firearm, as a rifle, shotgun, or revolver.
- a long-barreled cannon having a relatively flat trajectory.
- any device for shooting something under pressure: a paint gun; a staple gun.
- a person whose profession is killing;
professional killer: a gangland gun.
- a member of a shooting party.
- See electron gun.
- give the gun, [Slang.]to put into motion or speed up: We gave the motor the gun and drove off.
- jump the gun, [Slang.]
- to begin a race before the starting signal.
- to begin prematurely;
act too hastily.
- spike someone's guns, to frustrate or prevent someone from accomplishing a plan: Our competitors planned a surprise reduction in their rates, but we discovered it and were able to spike their guns.
- stick to one's guns, to maintain one's position in the face of opposition;
stand firm: They stuck to their guns and refused to submit.Also, stand by one's guns.
- under the gun, under pressure, as to meet a deadline or solve a problem: We're all under the gun with these new sales quotas.
- to shoot with a gun (often fol. by down): The guards gunned down the fleeing convict.
- to cause (an engine, vehicle, aircraft, etc.) to increase in speed very quickly by increasing the supply of fuel.
- to hunt with a gun.
- to shoot with a gun.
- gun for:
- to seek with intent to harm or kill.
- to seek;
try earnestly to obtain: He is gunning for a raise.
Rackrack1 (rak),USA pronunciation n.
- a framework of bars, wires, or pegs on which articles are arranged or deposited: a clothes rack; a luggage rack.
- a fixture containing several tiered shelves, often affixed to a wall: a book rack; a spice rack.
- a spreading framework set on a wagon for carrying hay, straw, or the like, in large loads.
- a wooden frame of triangular shape within which the balls are arranged before play.
- the balls so arranged: He took aim at the rack.
- a bar, with teeth on one of its sides, adapted to engage with the teeth of a pinion(rack and pinion) or the like, as for converting circular into rectilinear motion or vice versa.
- a bar having a series of notches engaging with a pawl or the like.
- a former instrument of torture consisting of a framework on which a victim was tied, often spread-eagled, by the wrists and ankles, to be slowly stretched by spreading the parts of the framework.
- a cause or state of intense suffering of body or mind.
- violent strain.
- a pair of antlers.
- [Slang.]a bed, cot, or bunk: I spent all afternoon in the rack.
- to torture;
torment: His body was racked with pain.
- to strain in mental effort: to rack one's brains.
- to strain by physical force or violence.
- to strain beyond what is normal or usual.
- to stretch the body of (a person) in torture by means of a rack.
- to seize (two ropes) together side by side.
- rack out, [Slang.]to go to bed;
go to sleep: I racked out all afternoon.
- rack up:
- [Pool.]to put (the balls) in a rack.
- [Informal.]to tally, accumulate, or amass as an achievement or score: The corporation racked up the greatest profits in its history.
Howdy , this picture is about Atv Handlebar Double Gun Rack . ( Atv Gun Racks #5). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 970 x 970. It's file size is just 69 KB. If You want to save It to Your computer, you can Click here. You also too download more pictures by clicking the picture below or read more at here: Atv Gun Racks.
Atv Gun Racks in a space, it surely requires cautious calculation and cautiously. Keeping furniture-made at random may have a direct effect about the situation of the room that appeared congested and dirty, so it's incapable of develop a wonderful side of a area. One particular furniture comes in a private space as being a bedroom is really a dressing table.
Desks proper position can jack-up your private rooms' wonderful facet. It'd be wonderful if you measure the first area which will be entertained by furniture desks, before buying a bureau. It is very important to avoid a dressing-table that meets the percentage of area obtainable in the room's purchase.
If your bedroom includes a dimension that is not too considerable, twin function that is dressers can be the proper selection. So they can be utilized as a repository for other knick knacks for example, as a workplace or you are able to select a counter dressing-table which could simultaneously function designed with lots of bureau drawers.