Namename (nām),USA pronunciation n., v., named, nam•ing, adj.
- a word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.
- mere designation, as distinguished from fact: He was a king in name only.
- an appellation, title, or epithet, applied descriptively, in honor, abuse, etc.
- a reputation of a particular kind given by common opinion: to protect one's good name.
- a distinguished, famous, or great reputation;
fame: to make a name for oneself.
- a widely known or famous person;
celebrity: She's a name in show business.
- an unpleasant or derogatory appellation or expression: Don't call your brother names! Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
- a personal or family name as exercising influence or bringing distinction: With that name they can get a loan at any bank in town.
- a body of persons grouped under one name, as a family or clan.
- the verbal or other symbolic representation of a thing, event, property, relation, or concept.
- (cap.) a symbol or vehicle of divinity: to take the Name in vain; the power of the Name.
- by name:
individually: She was always careful to address every employee by name.
- not personally;
by repute: I know him by name only.
- call names, to scold or speak abusively of or to a person: Better not to call names unless one is larger and considerably stronger than one's adversary.
- in the name of:
- with appeal to: In the name of mercy, stop that screaming!
- by the authority of: Open, in the name of the law!
- on behalf of: to purchase something in the name of another.
- under the name or possession of: money deposited in the name of a son.
- under the designation or excuse of: murder in the name of justice.
- to one's name, in one's possession: I haven't a penny to my name.
- to give a name to: to name a baby.
- to accuse: He was named as the thief.
- to call by an epithet: They named her speedy.
- to identify, specify, or mention by name: Three persons were named in the report.
- to designate for some duty or office;
nominate or appoint: I have named you for the position.
- to specify;
suggest: Name a price.
- to give the name of: Can you name the capital of Ohio?
- to speak of.
- [Brit.](in the House of Commons) to cite (a member) for contempt.
- name names, to specify people by name, esp. those who have been accomplices in a misdeed: The witness in the bribery investigation threatened to name names.
widely known: a name author.
- designed for or carrying a name.
- giving its name or title to a collection or anthology containing it: the name piece.
Stoolsstool (sto̅o̅l),USA pronunciation n.
- a single seat on legs or a pedestal and without arms or a back.
- a short, low support on which to stand, step, kneel, or rest the feet while sitting.
- [Hort.]the stump, base, or root of a plant from which propagative organs are produced, as shoots for layering.
- the base of a plant that annually produces new stems or shoots.
- a cluster of shoots or stems springing up from such a base or from any root, or a single shoot or layer.
- a bird fastened to a pole or perch and used as a decoy.
- an artificial duck or other bird, usually made from wood, used as a decoy by hunters.
- a privy.
- the fecal matter evacuated at each movement of the bowels.
- the sill of a window. See diag. under double-hung.
- a bishop's seat considered as symbolic of his authority;
- the sacred chair of certain African chiefs, symbolic of their kingship.
- fall between two stools, to fail, through hesitation or indecision, to select either of two alternatives.
- to put forth shoots from the base or root, as a plant;
form a stool.
- to turn informer;
serve as a stool pigeon.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Kidskid1 (kid),USA pronunciation n., v., kid•ded, kid•ding, adj.
- a child or young person.
- (used as a familiar form of address.)
- a young goat.
- leather made from the skin of a kid or goat, used in making shoes and gloves.
- a glove made from this leather.
- (of a goat) to give birth to (young).
- made of kidskin.
- younger: his kid sister.
Picturespic•ture (pik′chər),USA pronunciation n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc.: I carry a picture of my grandchild in my wallet.
- any visible image, however produced: pictures reflected in a pool of water.
- a mental image: a clear picture of how he had looked that day.
- a particular image or reality as portrayed in an account or description;
- a tableau, as in theatrical representation.
- See motion picture.
- pictures, Informal (older use). movies.
- a person, thing, group, or scene regarded as resembling a work of pictorial art in beauty, fineness of appearance, etc.: She was a picture in her new blue dress.
- the image or perfect likeness of someone else: He is the picture of his father.
- a visible or concrete embodiment of some quality or condition: the picture of health.
- a situation or set of circumstances: the economic picture.
- the image on a computer monitor, the viewing screen of a television set, or a motion-picture screen.
- to represent in a picture or pictorially, as by painting or drawing.
- to form a mental picture of;
imagine: He couldn't picture himself doing such a thing.
- to depict in words;
describe graphically: He pictured Rome so vividly that you half-believed you were there.
- to present or create as a setting;
portray: His book pictured the world of the future.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Animalan•i•mal (an′ə məl),USA pronunciation n.
- any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.
- any such living thing other than a human being.
- a mammal, as opposed to a fish, bird, etc.
- the physical, sensual, or carnal nature of human beings; animality: the animal in every person.
- an inhuman person;
brutish or beastlike person: She married an animal.
- thing: A perfect job? Is there any such animal?
- of, pertaining to, or derived from animals: animal instincts; animal fats.
- pertaining to the physical, sensual, or carnal nature of humans, rather than their spiritual or intellectual nature: animal needs.
Hello , this attachment is about Name Stools For Kids Amazing Pictures #3 The Animal Rescue Site - GreaterGood. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 820 x 820. This post's file size is only 52 KB. If You ought to download It to Your laptop, you could Click here. You might too see more photos by clicking the following picture or see more at this post: Name Stools For Kids.
Name Stools For Kids Amazing Pictures #3 The Animal Rescue Site - GreaterGood become the most important factor in the choice of floor on your house. When the ground your shade decide on also dim if you have a small house minimalist, then this could create your property interior look fascinated claustrophobic and uncomfortable.
If we feel miserable inside the residence, then you as well as your household will not feel cozy sitting at home in order to create your household members' bad effects end up like to perform away from household. When you will find two shades inside the place using the measurement of the location of the area the identical shade of a floor you can observe the distinction but they will vary.
Whenever we change for the reason that house there is a popular impact, calm, and cozy. Therefore the hardwood floors' color would you choose should certainly since a mistake of ceramic colors can decide the beauty of the household you give consideration and do not be underestimated.